Penwith Landscape Partnership Open Day and Film Launch - Saturday 9 April, 10am - 4pm, Lower Keigwin Farm, Pendeen
Join us for an opportunity to learn more about the Penwith Landscape Partnership. Our programme, funded by National Lottery Heritage Fund, is in its third year and so far has:
- Engaged with over 100 farmers
- Worked with farmers and landowners to better manage over 200 hectares of semi-natural habitat
- Created 15 hectares of new wildflower meadows
- Improved over 15 miles of footpaths and bridleways
- Repaired 150 metres of Cornish hedges
- Cleared and surveyed 45 ancient archaeological sites
- Recruited 300 volunteers
- Delivered over 400 days of training
- Engaged with over 1200 children and young people
As part of the open day we will be launching three new films from award winning film maker Nina Constable. Nina’s credits include making films the UN, WWF and BBC.
The short films offer a glimpse of the work that has taken place so far, all against the backdrop of Penwith itself. The three films focus on different aspects of the Partnership’s work:
- Ancient sites, Cornish Hedges and Access Paths
- People and communities
All three include interviews with PLP team members, volunteers and local community members; as well as capturing the wonderful views and atmosphere that help make Penwith unique. To create the films, creator Nina Constable had many challenges to overcome – the wild landscape, restrictions as a result of the pandemic, and of course Penwith’s ever unpredictable weather! You can get a taste of what's to come with the trailer below:
The short films will be shown at 11am, 1pm and 3pm throughout the day.
In addition to the films the PLP team will be around to talk about the project as well as showcasing our specialist equipment. There will also be some fun family art activities to take part in – perfect for our young attendees (or those young at heart!)
The event is being held at Lower Keigwin Farm, Pendeen on Saturday 9th April between 10am and 4pm. To register your interest and receive directions please click here. Should you have any access needs please let us know.
We hope to see you there!