LANTRA Technical Award in the Safe Use and Application of Fertiliser and Manure training course
Friday 12th November 2021, 9:00am to 5:00pm
This training course is aimed at Penwith farmers, and will provide LANTRA accredited training for a technical award in the safe use and application of Fertiliser and Manure.
The course will be held at Landithy Hall, Madron on Friday 12th November 2021, 9am-5pm.
Attendance is free and a pasty lunch will be provided. Booking is essential. To book your space contact our Farm Environment Officer Phil either by emailing email@example.com or ringing 0797 6731376.
Course details (click here to download an information sheet on this course)
The training and assessment aims to assess the learner’s knowledge and understanding of:
- Consequences of not using and managing fertilisers and manures properly
- Legislation and Guidance that affects organic and inorganic fertiliser use
- Identifying different types of manure and fertiliser types and understanding product labels
- The environmental impact of fertilisers and how they can be overcome
- Safe Storage, Transport and Security
- Health and Safety and dealing with accidents
- Spreading Machinery
- Working within NVZ’s (SMR 1) or near water courses (GAEC 1)
- Record Keeping
- Manure Management Plans and Risk Maps