Penwith Hedges Photography Competition 2021
One of the aims of the Penwith Landscape Partnership is to help record and celebrate the wonderful Cornish Hedges found in Penwith. As such for Hedge Week we are launching our Penwith Hedges Photography Competition. We want to see your images that capture the beauty and wonder of our Cornish hedges. The images could focus on their wildlife, heritage, biodiversity or structure – whatever you prefer! These images will help us create an artistic record of Penwith’s hedges for future generations.
Photographs must be taken within the Penwith Landscape Partnership programme area, and up to a year prior to the start of the competition - for a map of this area click here. The deadline for entries to be received is midnight on Friday, 28th May 2021.
Winners will be notified by end of Friday 25th June 2021. Winning entries will be highlighted on the Penwith Landscape Partnership website and social media channels, and winning and highly recommended entries will be displayed in an online gallery on our website. All photographs will be kept as part of an artistic record of Penwith.
How to enter the Photo Competition:
- Photographs must be of locations within the Penwith Landscape Partnership programme area and taken in a year prior to the start of the competition
- You may submit up to 3 photos per person
- Photographs can be full colour or black and white and must be hi-res jpegs (.jpg format)
- Send your images by email to: email@example.com by the closing date of midnight on Friday 28th May 2021.
- Include your name and email address (your e-mail address will be used to confirm your entry and to contact you if you win. It will be stored securely, and will not be used for any other purpose or passed on or sold to any third party.)
- Please fill in the accompanying submission form, including specifying where within Penwith it was taken.
- Tell us where you found out about the competition, e.g. Penwith Landscape Partnership website, social media or word of mouth etc.
- Include your date of birth if under 18
- By entering you agree to the conditions set out in the competition rules below.
Good luck! We can't wait to see your photos.
Help us record a year of a Cornish Hedge
One of the aims of our Seeing the Landscape project is to create an artistic record a year of a Cornish Hedge. As such we are seeking volunteers who can revisit the same stretch of Cornish Hedge once a month for a year to record the changes that can take place. This can be in the form of photographs, or another artistic form if you prefer - we are happy for you to use your imagination! The artworks produced will be displayed on the Penwith Landscape Partnership website and included as part of our Seeing the Landscape exhibition in summer 2022. All artists will retain their own copyright and will of course always be credited when their artworks are used.
If you would like to help us created a record of the year of a Cornish Hedge for future generations and would like to volunteer please email Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. We can't wait see what images you create!